Please add ways to customize the Write Away Try-it activities here, and include useful resources below.
As with all older Brownie Try-its, scouts need to complete 4 activities to earn the badge.
- My daughter worked on this on her own (with parent help) as a summer activity to keep up her writing over the summer.
All About MeEdit
Possible writing prompts:
- Who are you? What information would you tell someone who didn't know you?
- What do you like to do? What is something you like to do and how do you do it?
- Tell a story about something you did. Did you like it or not? Why?
- What makes you happy? "The best part about being me is... because..."
Support your ideas with details, facts, and opinions.
Read A StoryEdit
Become a ReporterEdit
- My daughter did this for a school assignment in second grade - she chose to interview our next door neighbor, who had lived several places around the world when her husband was in the U.S. Foreign Service.
Write a LetterEdit
- My daughter has been writing annual letters to her preschool teacher telling her about what she learned each year.
Like It or NotEdit
- PBS Kids Writing Contest. PBS Kids has an annual writing contest for kids in K-3 grades.