For the badges released in 2011, scouts must complete all of the activities listed to earn the badge.
Please add ideas to customize the activities and other useful resources below.
==Activity #1: Start moving== this don't
Activity #2: Keep your fit body fueledEdit
Activity #3: Know how to stress lessEdit
- Stress infographic that shows the different kinds of stress and how to work it off.
- Try some Relaxation Tips: Stress Awareness Day: 10 ideas for a stress-free night.
Activity #4: Get the truth about healthEdit
Activity #5: Help your family stay fitEdit
- The Care and Keeping of You 2: The Body Book for Older Girls by Cara Natterson is a book that covers a lot of useful information for 10+ years old. It discusses how to take care of your body, covering "questions about periods, your growing body, peer pressure, personal care, and more."
- The Feelings Book: The Care and Keeping of Your Emotions by Dr. Lynda Madison is a companion book the the Care and Keeping of You series. It covers "tips on how to express your feelings and stay in control, plus get sensitive advice on handling fear, anxiety, jealousy, and grief. Learn how to stay in the driver's seat of your own emotions!"
- Media Smart Youth website. Media-Smart Youth: Eat, Think, and Be Active!® is an interactive after-school education program for youth ages 11 to 13 designed to empower young people to: become aware of—and think critically about—media’s role in influencing their nutrition and physical activity choices; build skills that help them make informed decisions about being physically active and eating nutritious food in daily life; establish healthy habits that will last into adulthood; and learn about media and create their own media products to educate their peers.