The Money Manager Try-it is part of the “Financial Literacy” badge set introduced in 2011.
For the badges released in 2011, scouts must complete all of the activities listed to earn the badge.
Please add ideas to customize the Try-it activities and other useful resources below.
Activity #1: Shop for Elf Items with Your Elf DollEdit
- Go by your self with the play money
- Go Shopping with A brownie Friend with your play money
- Go Shopping with your brownie Group with your play money
Activity #2: Go Grocery ShoppingEdit
- Window shop at a store- spend less then $30 for healthy food
- Shop with a newspaper-spend less then $30 for healthy food
- Shop on line- spend less then $30 for healthy food
- Shop at the farmer's market. Less chaotic than trying to get at the store, and it's more fun to price comparison with beautiful fruits and vegetables.
Activity #3: Go Clothes ShoppingEdit
- Browses through catalogs- pick out 3 outfits that cost no more then $30 each.
- Go to the mall- can you get he prefect pretend outfit for $30 or less?
- Shop secondhand- Can you put together 2 pretend outdate for $30?
Activity #4: Get Ready for SchoolEdit
- have $15 total- pretend to shop for 1 person
- you have $30 total- pretend to shop for 2 people.
- Pool your money- Pretend to shop for MANY people with $15 each.
Activity #5: Have Some FunEdit
Pretend you have $30
- price going to the movies
- price spending the day outdoors
- price an outing for your whole troop.