The Money Manager Try-it is part of the “Financial Literacy” badge set introduced in 2011.
Activity #1: Shop for Elf Items with Your Elf DollEdit
- Go by your self with the play money
- Go Shopping with A brownie Friend with your play money
- Go Shopping with your brownie Group with your play money
Activity #2: Go Grocery ShoppingEdit
- Window shop at a store- spend less then $30 for healthy food
- Shop with a newspaper-spend less then $30 for healthy food
- Shop on line- spend less then $30 for healthy food
- Shop at the farmer's market. Less chaotic than trying to get at the store, and it's more fun to price comparison with beautiful fruits and vegetables.
Activity #3: Go Clothes ShoppingEdit
- Browses through catalogs- pick out 3 outfits that cost no more then $30 each.
- Go to the mall- can you get he prefect pretend outfit for $30 or less?
- Shop secondhand- Can you put together 2 pretend outdate for $30?
Activity #4: Get Ready for SchoolEdit
- have $15 total- pretend to shop for 1 person
- you have $30 total- pretend to shop for 2 people.
- Pool your money- Pretend to shop for MANY people with $15 each.
Activity #5: Have Some FunEdit
Pretend you have $30
- price going to the movies
- price spending the day outdoors
- price an outing for your whole troop.