The Flowers badge is part of the “Legacy” badge set introduced in 2011. It replaces the retired Plants and Animals badge.
For the badges released in 2011, scouts must complete all of the activities listed to earn the badge.
- For our troop, we enlisted the help of one of our scout's grandmothers who is an avid gardener and botanist. She did a great job working with the girls. We were also able to get FREE flowers for some of our activities from our local Giant supermarket! Never hurts to ask!
Activity #1: Uncover the science of one flowerEdit
Activity #2: Look under the petalsEdit
- Dissect a flower to look at all of its parts. More hands-on than just looking at a chart.
Activity #3: Find out how flowers help peopleEdit
Activity #4: Have fun with flowersEdit
- Flowering pounding to make cards.
- Make multicolored flowers]] with the split stem and food coloring technique.
- Bookmarks of laminated flowers
- Paint pinecones to look like zinnias.